ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1) THE WALTHAM FOREST (WATERWORKS ROUNDABOUT (Pedestrian Underpass)) (TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF PEDESTRIANS ORDER 2019 (TT26(19))Notice ID: WAT1434022
LONDON BOROUGH OF WALTHAM FOREST
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)
THE WALTHAM FOREST (WATERWORKS ROUNDABOUT (Pedestrian Underpass)) (TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF PEDESTRIANS ORDER 2019 (TT26(19))
1. The Council of the London Borough of Waltham Forest HEREBY GIVES NOTICE that on 31st October 2019 it made an Order to enable structural repairs in a pedestrian underpass to be carried out in a safe and efficient manner, and to prevent danger to the public it is considered necessary, without delay, to temporarily prohibit pedestrians in a designated footpath underpass at waterworks roundabout IG8.
2. This Order will continue the prohibition to pedestrians set out in the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 section 14(2) Notice issued on 22nd October 2019 for the reasons mentioned in paragraph 1.
3. The general effect of the Order, only at such times and to such extent as regulatory signs are displayed, will be to prohibit persons from entering for any purpose, at any time, the pedestrian underpass leading from the footpath at the centre of the Waterworks Roundabout IG8 connecting to another footpath leading from the northern arm of Woodford New Road to Peel Road E18.
4. Whilst the prohibition referred to in paragraph 3 remains in force alternative routes for pedestrians will be indicated by information signs.
5. The prohibition mentioned above will not apply:
(a) in relation to anyone entering the pedestrian underpass in connection with the said works.
(b) for emergency purposes (if the works allow) if the observance of the prohibitions would be likely to hinder that emergency service for that purpose; provided that this exemption shall not apply if the action taken by the emergency service is being used in such a manner or at such a time as to be likely to endanger any person.
6. The Order will come into operation on Tuesday 12th November 2019 and will be valid for a period of 18 months, or until the works are completed whichever is the sooner.
Dated 31st October 2019
Mr K Valavan, Director of Highways and Traffic Management, Resident Services, Low Hall, Argall Avenue, London, E10 7AS