ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)Notice ID: WAT1886670
LONDON BOROUGH OF WALTHAM FOREST
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)
THE WALTHAM FOREST (CART LANE E4/SPRINGFIELD ROAD E4) (TEMPORARY MEASURES) (NO. 1) ORDER 2020 (TT29(20))
1. The Council of the London Borough of Waltham Forest HEREBY GIVES NOTICE that it intends on making and Order to enable footway works to be carried out in a safe and efficient manner, the general effect of which would be, and only at such times, to prohibit vehicles (except works vehicles) and restrict waiting and loading by vehicles (except works vehicles) in certain roads in Chingford E4.
2. Whilst the works are being carried out and to such extent as regulatory signs are displayed no person shall cause or permit any vehicle to enter, proceed, wait or load for any purpose, at any time in Carl Lane E4 and Springfield Road E4 - from a point (within Cart Lane) in line with the common boundary of Nos. 11a/b Cart Lane E4 and No. 23 Springfield Road E4 to a point (within Springfield Road) in line with the south-west facing building wall of No. 23 Springfield Road E4;
3. Whilst the prohibitions referred to in paragraph 2 above remain in force, where appropriate, alternative routes for traffic would be indicated by local signage.
4. Vehicles waiting or loading in disregard of this Order would be removed.
5. Certain parking spaces in Springfield Road will be suspended to aid the flow of construction traffic. Vehicles will be banned from parking in these suspended parking spaces during the times where, the section of road will be closed (vehicles disregarding these suspensions will be removed).
5. The prohibitions mentioned above would not apply in relation to any vehicle being used -
(a) in connection with the said works; or
(b) for ambulance, fire brigade or police purposes (if the works allow.
6. The Order would come into operation from 4th January 2021 for a maximum period of 12 month, or until the works are completed, whichever is the sooner.
'NOTE: The duration of these works are intended to be for several weeks from the aforementioned start date. However, the Order has been extended in case of aborted works due to bad weather or other unforeseen constraints. Leaflets would be distributed and signage placed in advance of any works which would give more specific details on the exact dates and locations of the prohibitions, restrictions and effects of any temporary traffic management. Dated 22nd October 2020
Mr K Valavan, Director of Highways and Traffic Management, Resident Services, Low Hall, Argall Avenue, London, E10 7AS