INTRODUCTION OF PARKING ENFORCEMENT AND WAITING AND LOADING RESTRICTIONS IN CERTAIN HOUSING ESTATE AREAS, OR LAND BY THE ISSUE OF PENALTY CHARGE NOTICESNotice ID: WAT1991663
LONDON BOROUGH OF WALTHAM FOREST
INTRODUCTION OF PARKING ENFORCEMENT AND WAITING AND LOADING RESTRICTIONS IN CERTAIN HOUSING ESTATE AREAS, OR LAND BY THE ISSUE OF PENALTY CHARGE NOTICES
(NOTE: This Notice Is about the Introduction of enforcement of off-street areas and associated free parking places within the Council's housing estate areas or land listed in the Schedule to this Notice.)
The Waltham Forest (Off-Street Parking Places) (Amendment No. *) Order 202*
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Waltham Forest (hereinafter termed "the Council") propose to make the above-mentioned Order under sections 35 of and Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 (RTRA), as amended.
2. The general effect of the Order will be to provide in the Council's housing estates specified in the schedule of this Notice off-street restricted parking areas operating "at any time" (areas where waiting or loading will be restricted to vehicles) to be enforced under the provisions of the Traffic Management Act 2004.
This will enable the Council's Civil Enforcement Officers to enforce and, in respect of contraventions, issue Penalty Charge Notices. In certain cases, vehicles that contravene the restrictions may be towed-away just as they might be on the public highway and in the Council's other car parks that are not in housing estates.
Free parking places* (or single vehicle parking bays) will be provided within the off-street restricted areas mentioned in the Schedule to this Notice. Parking outside or incorrectly within the boundary of a parking bay or parking place would result in a contravention and the issue of a Penalty Charge Notice.
Outside of each free parking place or single vehicle parking bays in the off street housing estate areas mentioned in the Schedule to this Notice will be marked by either double yellow lines, or instead of double yellow lines, sign plates at the entrance of these areas stipulating that a 'Restricted Zone - No Waiting' is in force. In some cases, the signs may be supplemented with 'except in marked bays' where parking is granted. With a restricted zone no double yellow lines will be shown on the ground.
'Note: All free parking places or bays on the highway will be marked as white lines or other surface area demarcation.
3. The above measures are necessary to prevent parking and waiting where it could cause an obstruction, particularly to emergency services and refuse collection vehicles.
4. A copy of each of the Order, the Council's statement of reasons for proposing to make the Order and plans showing the locations and effect of the Order and measures can be inspected until the end of a period of 6 weeks from the date on which the Orders are made or, as the case may be, the Council decides not to make the Orders, on request by
5. Any person desiring to object to the proposals or to make any other representation should send a statement in writing of either their objection and the grounds thereof or of their representation to; Traffic Orders, Highways and Traffic Management, Low Hall, Argall Avenue, London, E10 7AS, or by emailing: hannah.o'donnellOwalthamforest,
quoting scheme reference T9(21) -LBWF housing estate waiting restrictions (Winters and Southfleld)) by the end of a period of 21 days from the date on which this Notice is published. All objections must specify the grounds on which they are made.
For more information please telephone 020 8496 3000, quoting reference Traffic Orders T9(21) - LBWF housing estate waiting restrictions (Winters and Southfield)
Dated 4th February 2021
Mr. K. Valavan, Director of Highways and Traffic Management, Resident Services, Low Hall, Argall Avenue, London, E10 7AS.
SCHEDULE - OFF STREET ESTATE AREAS
SOUTHFIELD COURT, No. 61 ACACIA ROAD E11 (OFF ACACIA ROAD E11 AND CECIL ROAD E11) -an area of 73m2 at its south-western corner -except for 5 parking bays
WINTER'S COURT E4, Nos. 115-119B ALPHA ROAD (OFF ALPHA ROAD E4) - the whole area - except for 6 parking bays as designated (3 outside No. 115/117 and 3 outside No. 119b)