INTRODUCTION OF PARKING ENFORCEMENT AND WAITING AND LOADING RESTRICTIONS IN WINTERS COURT HOUSING ESTATE/AREA OFF ALPHA ROAD E4 BY THE ISSUE OF PENALTY CHARGE NOTICESNotice ID: WAT2017428
LONDON BOROUGH OF WALTHAM FOREST
INTRODUCTION OF PARKING ENFORCEMENT AND WAITING AND LOADING RESTRICTIONS IN WINTERS COURT HOUSING ESTATE/AREA OFF ALPHA ROAD E4 BY THE ISSUE OF PENALTY CHARGE NOTICES
The Waltham Forest (Off-Street Parking Places) (Amendment No. 18) Order 2020
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Waltham Forest (hereinafter termed "the Council') on 4th March 2021 made the above-mentioned Order under sections 35 of and Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 (RTRA), as amended.
2. The general effect of the Order will be to provide in the off-street land/ area belonging to Winter's Court E4 Nos. 115-119B ALPHA ROAD (off Alpha Road E4) - the whole area - a restricted parking area operating "at any time" (area where waiting or loading will be restricted to vehicles) to be enforced under the provisions of the Traffic Management Act 2004, except for 6 parking bays as designated (3 outside No. 115/117 and 3 outside No. 119b)
This will enable the Council's Civil Enforcement Officers to enforce and, in respect of contraventions, issue Penalty Charge Notices. In certain cases, vehicles that contravene the restrictions may be towed-away just as they might be on the public highway and in the Council's other car parks that are not in housing estates. Free parking places* (or single vehicle parking bays) will be provided within the off-street restricted area mentioned in item 1 above. Parking outside or incorrectly within the boundary of a parking bay or parking place would result in a contravention and the issue of a Penalty Charge Notice.
Outside of each free parking place or single vehicle parking bays in the off street housing estate areas mentioned in item 1 above will be marked by either double yellow lines, or instead of double yellow lines, sign plates at the entrance of these areas stipulating that a 'Restricted Zone - No Waiting' is in force. In some cases, the signs may be supplemented with 'except in marked bays' where parking is granted. With a restricted zone no double yellow lines will be shown on the ground.
"Note: All free parking places or bays on the highway will be marked as white lines or other surface area demarcation.
The previous proposals for Southfield Estate off Acacia Road E11 has been abandoned.
3. The above measures are necessary to prevent parking and waiting where it could cause an obstruction, particularly to emergency services and refuse collection vehicles.
4. A copy of the Order, which will come into operation on 4th March 2021 and other relevant documents can be inspected on request by emailing
or hannah.o'donnell@ walthamforest,gov.uk
during normal office hours on Mondays to Fridays inclusive, until the expiration of a period of 6 weeks from that date, or online at:https://www.walthamforest.gov.uk/content/road-
5. Any person desiring to question the validity of the Orders or of any provision contained therein on the grounds that it is not within the relevant powers of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, or that any of the relevant requirements thereof or of any relevant regulations made thereunder has not been complied with in relation to the Orders may, within six weeks of the making of the Orders, make application for the purpose to the High Court.
Dated 4th March 2021
Mr. K. Valavan, Director of Highways and Traffic Management, Resident Services, Low Hall, Argall Avenue, London, E10 7AS.