LONDON BOROUGH OF WALTHAM FOREST ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 6 and 45Notice ID: WAT2305958
LONDON BOROUGH OF WALTHAM FOREST
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 6 and 45
INTRODUCTION OF PERMIT PARKING AND WAITING AND LOADING RESTRICTIONS IN CERTAIN HOUSING ESTATE ROADS, NAMELY ESSEX CLOSE E17 AND ALMOND CLOSE E17 (T46(21))
The Waltham Forest (Housing Estates) (On-Street Parking Places and Waiting and Loading Restrictions) Order 202x
The Waltham Forest (Charged-For Parking Places) (Amendment No. x) Order 202x
The Waltham Forest (Free Parking Places, Loading Places and Waiting, Loading and Stopping Restrictions) (Amendment No. x) Order 202x
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Waltham Forest propose to make the above-mentioned Orders under section 6, 45,46 and 49 and 124 of and Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, as amended.
2. The general effect of the Orders would be, in Essex Close E17 and Almond Close E17:-
(i) to provide and regulate on-street permit holder parking places and a permit holder solo motorcycle parking place (available only to resident permit holders, carers permit holders, visitor permit holders, business permit holders, tradespersons permit holders, essential user permit holders and essential user pool permit holders between 8am and 6.30pm on Mondays to Saturdays inclusive, the motorcycle parking place being only for use by solo motorcycles 'at any time'); blue badge disabled person's parking places operating 'at any time' (available to blue badge holders and carers permit holders) and disabled resident permit holder parking places (available to a limited number of disabled resident permit holders and carers permit holders, see paragraph 3(ii) below); and
(ii) to provide 'at any time' waiting restrictions in all on-street lengths, other than where the parking places referred to in sub-paragraph (i) above would be provided.
The Orders would further provide for the issue of permits for certain use in and other terms and conditions of use for the above Council estate roads as well as in the Blackhorse Lane controlled parking zone (CPZ) - (see below for more details).
3. Permits for the use of the parking places referred to in paragraph 2 of this Notice would be available as follows:
(i) Nos. 1 to 30 (inclusive) (not including No. 30A) and Nos. 31 to 97 (odd numbers only) Essex Close E17 6SJ; Nos. 34 to 80 (evens only) Forest Road E17 6JR, to be eligible for 'H-EC resident permits, carers permits, visitor permits, business permits, tradespersons permits, essential user permits and essential user pool permits (excluding any car-free property) and 'H-EC visitor permits;
(ii) Nos. 1 and 2 Stotter House, 30A Essex Close E17 6SJ to be eligible for 'DIS-H-BK' disabled resident parking permits (note: a total of two permits will be allocated for use of the disabled resident permit holder parking places referred to in paragraph 2 of this Notice and will be available to eligible disabled residents within the aforementioned properties, as per existing planning agreements).
4. Regarding the parking places referred to in paragraph 2(i) of this Notice, any vehicle with a valid permit displaying the letters H-EC may use the 'permit holders only parking bays'; motorcycles with a valid permit displaying the letters 'H-EC may use the 'motorcycle permit holders' and 'permit holders only parking bays'; and any vehicle with a valid permit displaying the letters DIS-H-BK may use the 'disabled resident permit holder bays'. Any vehicles displaying a valid Blue Badge may park within the 'disabled badge holder' bays.
5. Nos. 1 to 8 Stotter House, 30A Essex Close E17 6SJ; and 51 Tile Kiln House, Pretoria Avenue E17 6SN would be eligible for visitor permits to be used in the 'Blackhorse Lane' (BL CPZ) controlled parking zone;
6. The above measures are necessary to ensure that parking and waiting facilities are maintained for the use of eligible residents of the estates, their visitors, disabled persons and other permit holders agreed by the Council. These measures will also prevent parking and waiting where it could cause an obstruction, particularly to emergency services and refuse collection vehicles.
7. The charges for permits would be as follows:
PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE PDF BELOW TO VIEW THE DETAILS
Tradespersons Permits: (1 week): £45; (1 month): £150; Essential Users Permits (1 month): £75, Essential Users Pool Permit (12 months): £510; Residents' visitor permits: £0.70 per hour (60 hours per year free to over 60s, 30 hours free for each new born child); [Note: The purchase of 8 hours-worth of visitor permits would permit a vehicle to park for an entire day. Households would be limited to 520 hours-worth of visitor permits during a rolling 12-month period]. Resident permits for the disabled (available to residents who are disabled persons' blue badge holders): £0.00 (free); Carers permits: £0.00 (free) if in receipt of Department of Work and Pensions Allowance or a registered foster carer, else the same as for a residents permit as detailed in the table above; Service charges for change of VRM or change of address: £15, for refunds: £20; and lost or stolen permits: £15.
8. Copies of the Orders and the Council's statement of reasons for proposing to make the Orders and plans showing the locations and effect of the Orders along with the other measures can be inspected on request by either emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or visiting (*by appointment) the Highways and Traffic Management office, Low Hall. Argall Avenue E10 7AS during normal office hours on Mondays to Fridays inclusive; or alternatively documents can be viewed online at: https://www.walthamforest.gov.uk/content/road-traffic-schemes-and-consultations.
9. Any person desiring to object to the proposals or to make any other representation should send a statement in writing of either their objection and the grounds thereof or of their representation to; Traffic Orders, Highways and Traffic Management, Low Hall, Argall Avenue, London, E10 7AS, or by emailing: email@example.com quoting scheme reference T46(21) - Essex Road E17 Council estate permit parking zone from the date on which this Notice is published. All objections must specify the grounds on which they are made.
10. 'For more information, please telephone 020 8496 3000, quoting reference Traffic Orders T46(21) -Essex Road E17 Council estate permit parking zone.
Dated 13th January 2022
Mr. K. Valavan, Director of Highways and Traffic Management Resident Services, Low Hall, Argall Avenue, London E10 7AS.