This shocking video captures the moment a New Year's Eve firework display goes horribly wrong.

A massive rocket can be seen arcing into the front of a house and exploding, setting off a car alarm and filling the front garden with smoke.

Neighbours said the rocket was part of a makeshift display on Hoe Lane in Enfield, that misfired.

Credit: SWNS

Olly Anasiz, 21, lives nearby, and saw the incident unfold and took a video on his phone which went viral with more than 100,000 views on twitter.

He said: "I saw it happening on the street. One of the fireworks went the wrong way so I started filming. I just thought it would be funny to show my mates.

"But then one went up in the air. I thought it was going to make it over the house at first but then it hit.

"I could see it was dangerous but there was nothing I could do to stop them."

Olly's sister, who did not wish to be named, was watching with him, added: "The first one went really long, that's when we started to video.

"I was shocked when I saw one hit the house. I was concerned for the guy who lived inside - he came out screaming and shouting - I think he has two daughters in there.

"Olly's Twitter is private, we just put it on there to show friends and family - we had no idea it would get picked up by twitter moments and get 133,000 views."