A fire broke out at a cinema due to an electrical fault, London Fire Brigade has said.

Around 800 people were evacuated from the Vue cinema in High Road, Wood Green, after a large blaze ripped through the roof on Saturday, November 30.

The alarm was raised by a member of staff after they saw smoke coming from a sign on the roof.

Firefighters helped staff evacuate the cinema after arriving at the scene just after 1.20pm.

The brigade has confirmed the fire started to an electrical fault with the lighting unit on the roof, which was damaged following the fire.

It has not said if there were any injuries.

The fire was under control by 2.33pm. Fire crews from Hornsey, Southgate, Tottenham and Stoke Newington fire stations attended the incident.