A difficult week of pre-season football saw Enfield town concede 11 goals in just two matches, as they continue preparations for their upcoming campaign.

A 4-1 defeat to Boreham Wood last Tuesday was followed up with a 7-1 humbling at the hands of Hayes & Yeading.

The midweek match got off to a bad start when Wood took the lead through Kabs Tshimanga, although Mo Faal provided some hope with an equaliser from the penalty spot soon after.

However, Connor Smith restored the advantage before Gus Mafuta extended it further before half time giving Enfield plenty of work to do in the second half.

They were unable to mount a serious challenge and on 63 minutes the defeat was sealed when a Frankie Raymond cross was expertly headed home by Jamal Fyfield.

There was no improvement in the weekend match as Enfield got off to a similarly slow start.

They once again fell behind after just eight minutes – Hassan Jalloh weaving through the defence and putting the ball on a plate for Moses Emmanuel to slot home.

Town’s first chance came when Percy Kiangebeni’s fierce drive was parried by Lewis Lavin in the United goal, with Faal unable to convert the rebound.

The visitors once again went close when Jake Sheppard rattled the bar from a free kick, but soon after, in the 27th minute, Town drew the game level – Sam Youngs deftly lobbing Lavin from close range.

Town were good value for their equaliser, but this would prove to be the last positive moment in a game that quickly ran away from them against clinical opponents.

Francis Amartey easily burst down the right for the visitors and slotted under Nathan McDonald to restore their lead.

At this point, every United attack looked like it would result in a goal, and two quickly became three and four. Emmanuel and Amartey both doubled their goal tallies with neat finishes to pile misery on Town before half time.

Any hopes of a revival for the hosts were extinguished just three minutes into the second half, with Jalloh expertly curling into the top corner from the edge of the box.

Town continually struggled to keep hold of the ball in midfield and were consistently lacklustre in defence, and they were soon hit for six after Amartey pounced on another error to complete his hat-trick.

Emmanuel then followed suit and claimed his third of the match with another cool finish in the box, and the last 30 minutes were comfortably played out by the visitors who might actually have scored an eighth with a late freekick.

Town complete their pre-season programme at home to Grays Athletic on Saturday August 7, with a 3.00pm kick off at the Donkey Lane stadium.

Their League season starts the following Saturday with a tough away fixture at Carshalton Athletic, while their first home fixture is on Tuesday August 17 against Brightlingsea Regent at 7.45pm.