Twenty-five firefighters tackled a blaze sparked by petrol spilling on top of a lawnmower as someone was filling it without a funnel.

It broke out at around 2.20pm on Sunday, August 5, in a back garden in Anglesey Road, Enfield.

The fire quickly spread to neighbouring gardens, destroying a number of sheds, and damaging a small section of a nearby railway embankment.

It took crews, who removed six gas cylinders to prevent explosions, more than eight hours to get it under control shortly before 11pm.

Four fire engines from Enfield, Woodford and Walthamstow stations attended.