Three teenagers who fatally stabbed a 17-year-old in Tottenham have been jailed.

Anas Mezenner was with friends in Willow Walk, off West Green Road, when they were confronted by the trio armed with at least three knives.

During the attack Anas was stabbed and left for dead while his three friends managed to escape – though one was also stabbed in the back.

Emergency services found Anas collapsed in the street before he was taken to hospital and pronounced dead in the early hours of January 20.

An investigation was launched and two large knives were found in a Chrysler parked in nearby Milton Road, which had finger prints belonging to two of the defendants.

Tottenham Independent: Anas Mezenner. Picture: Met Police.Anas Mezenner. Picture: Met Police.

CCTV also showed them moments before and after the attack.

A warrant was executed at an address in Turnpike Lane and two of the defendants, both aged 17, were arrested.

Another knife and clothing that could link the suspects shown on CCTV were discovered, along with a mobile phone revealing messages describing the attack.

A week later on January 27 another warrant was executed in Tottenham and the third defendant, also aged 17, was arrested – with another knife being recovered at the address.

All three, who cannot be named for legal reasons, were subsequently charged with Anas’s murder and GBH for the attack on his friend.

They were sentenced at the Old Bailey on Thursday, September 30.

  • [A] was found guilty of manslaughter and sentenced to 11 years’ prison.
  • [B] was found guilty of murder and GBH with intent and was jailed for 18 years.
  • [C] was jailed for 10 years after being found guilty of manslaughter.

Detective Inspector Louise Caveen said: “This was a clinical and violent attack that left a young man with fatal injuries.

“In a matter of seconds, Anas was stabbed, assaulted and left to die on the street - another example of a young life needlessly lost as a result of knives being on our streets.

“While we have never been able to definitely establish why Anas was attacked, we believe the confrontation took place as a result of an incident, some years before, where one of Anas’s group had had their phone taken.”

She added: "Whilst Anas and his friends may have anticipated a confrontation, they did not attend the location armed with knives with the intent of using lethal force as the suspects did.

“This has been a traumatic experience for Anas’s family and I can only hope this verdict gives them some comfort that those responsible for his death have been held to account.”