A faulty extractor fan sparked a blaze in a terraced house in Edmonton.

Five fire engines and around 35 firefighters were called to St Joseph’s Road at 4.28am on Saturday (September 23).

Part of the floorboards between the ground and first floors of a terraced house were damaged by flames, London Fire Brigade said.

A LFB spokesperson said: "The fire is believed to have been accidental and caused by a faulty extractor fan."

There were no reports of any injuries.

The fire was under control by 5.50am.

Fire crews from Edmonton, Enfield, Tottenham and Chingford fire stations attended the scene.